Friday, February 21, 2014

Congratulations to Sean Heslin – 3DPT’s patient of the month for February


We would like to thank Sean Heslin for all of the hard work he has put into his physical therapy over the past 2 months. He committed to the hard work it would require to allow him to be able to recover in time for his spring baseball season at Shawnee.  He is on track to be on the field when baseball starts in a few weeks. Congratulations Sean!

3DPT: Tell us about your injury that brought you to physical therapy:
SEAN HESLIN: I was hurt playing basketball and I landed on someone’s foot and rolled my ankle. I knew something was wrong right away. It ended up that I suffered a torn tendon in my foot and damaged the ligaments on the outside of my ankle. I was in a boot for 2 weeks and started physical therapy once I was out of the boot.

3DPT: What was the hardest part of your therapy in the early stages?
SH: Not being able to trust my ankle to be as strong as it normally is. Simple things like going down stairs and walking normally were hard to do and really frustrating.

3DPT: How did your therapy prepare you to return to baseball?
SH: I gained more confidence in my ankle with all of the exercises and agility drills that Andrea had me do. Each week I was doing something harder than the week before so my therapy never got boring. I looked forward to each session because I knew that is what was getting me closer to playing baseball this spring.

3DPT: Did you ever have doubts about being able to play spring baseball this year?
SH: I did in the beginning of my therapy – I couldn’t even walk without limping so baseball seemed really far away.  As I kept progressing each week I knew I would be able to pull it off.

3DPT: If you could take 3 baseball players, past or present, on a weekend road trip, who would it be?
SH: Chase Utley, Miguel Cabrera and Mike Trout

3DPT: What is your ideal meal the night before a game?
SH: Chicken and rice – my mom is a great cook

3DPT: How many bombs are you going to hit this year for Shawnee? 
SH: I’m hoping for a couple.


Jeff Sallade, PT, MSPT, OCS, SCS, CSCS
Ken Guzzardo, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS
Andrea Johnson, PT, DPT
Ryan McDevitt, PT, DPT
Leah Guzzardo, PT, DPT, PCS

3 Dimensional Physical Therapy
175 Route 70, Suite 19
Medford, NJ 08055
(609) 714-3378




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or comments? Let us know below!