Thursday, July 24, 2014

3DPT Presents our Patient of the Month for July, Sarah Trent



CONGRATULATIONS TO SARAH TRENT – 3DPT PATIENT OF THE MONTH

3DPT WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE SARAH TRENT FOR BEING NAMED OUR PATIENT OF THE MONTH FOR JULY.  SARAH IS A WELL DESERVED RECIPIENT – SHE WAS ALSO THE FIRST RECIPIENT OF 3DPT’S SCHOLARSHIP TO GRADUATING SENIORS WITHIN THE LENAPE REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT.


3DPT: What made you come to Physical Therapy?
Sarah Trent: I have been swimming the breaststroke for years, and last fall I began having pain in my hip and groin. I was diagnosed with overuse of my hip flexor as well as a bony stress injury on my pelvis. 

3DPT: That must have been a difficult diagnosis to hear. Were you still able to continue with swimming?
Sarah Trent: I had to back down my yardage and speed while doing PT on a consistent basis with Ken at 3DPT. This helped get me through my competitive season in the winter and spring. I wasn’t able to swim in all of my meets, but I knew I was doing the right thing by backing my training down. 

3DPT: Did you end up pain free?
Sarah Trent: No – after my competitive season I was still having some pain so I underwent a FAST procedure by Dr. Katie Gollotto in April. This helped to clean out the bad tissue that had accumulated around my hip. I have continued with physical therapy since the procedure.  Now I am virtually pain free and gradually increasing my training.

3DPT: What was the most difficult part of your diagnosis and rehab thus far?
Sarah Trent:  Missing out some of my swim meets during my senior season

3DPT: Where are you going to college and what are you going to major in?
Sarah Trent: Loyola University - I want to be an infectious disease physician

3DPT: What is your favorite food to eat before a big meet?
Sarah Trent: I could eat Trail Mix all day every day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions or comments? Let us know below!